VIDEO SUBTITLING SERVICES
With over twenty years of experience, Lingua Graphica can help its customers when it comes to their multilingual translations and subtitling services. Our team of experienced multimedia and subtitling specialist can handle your subtitling requests to convey your message clearly and professionally to all your audiences, regardless of their native languages.
Translating scripts for subtitling is an area that presents its own specific challenges —the text should not exceed a pre-established number of characters to fit the screen, it cannot use more than two lines, audio and subtitles synchronization should be exact and titles should remain on the screen enough time for the viewers to read it.
In cases where the script is not available in text format, we start by transcribing the video before commencing the translation and subtitling phases.
Once the source script is ready, a timing / synchronization table is created to mark in/out timing and duration. Translation, editing and proofreading are then performed taking into account the subtitling character limitations. For a complete description of our translation process, please click here.
After the script has been translated and set on the subtitling template, our subtitling editors will adjust synchronization and line breaks, which must follow specific guidelines (such as keeping verbs, prepositions and adjectives with the nouns they modify).
Finally, subtitles are created in the requested format (SRT, SCC, SUB, etc.) and further editing and final QA is done on screen.
Our subtitling process can be adapted and modified to satisfy your specific needs.
Subtitling Made Easy
- Upload your video files to our private area. If you do not have access, we will create an account for you.
- Upload your video script in text format (if available). Otherwise, we will transcribe it from the video file.
- Indicate your source (original) and target (final) languages.
- Indicate your delivery date.
- After approval of our quote we will start working on your project.
- You will receive a text file for review where you can suggest editorial changes before placing subtitles in the video file.
- After client’s approval, subtitles are implemented on the video file for final review/QA.
- Download your video files from our secure server.